In 2022, it was difficult for investors to find secure places to put their money. The Federal Reserve increased interest rates because of high levels of inflation, and there was also a conflict happening between Ukraine and Russia. The Nasdaq index, which is made up mostly of technology companies, ended the year with a loss of 33%.
Palantir Technologies, a company whose stock value decreased by 64.74% in 2022, had nevertheless improved its business operations significantly.
Looking Back Through PLTR 2022
Despite the stock taking a beating, Palantir has been very active throughout the year.
- Palantir achieved IL-6 Security Clearance.
- Solidified its position in the healthcare industry through a partnership with Concordance.
- Has been closing government contracts left and right – a whopping $612M just in September.
- Still fighting for the big NHS contract.
- Hired aggressively, a contrarian move at a time when the most Big Tech was laying people off.
- Was named a market leader in Forrester Wave AI/ML 2022 Report.
- Partnered with Anduril for project TITAN.
- Partners with Hyundai Heavy Industries to develop a platform for shipbuilding.
- Ranked nr. 1 Dresner Market Report, beating Microsoft, Snowflake, and Oracle.
- Hosted the first FoundryCon conference to show use cases for potential clients.
- Alex Karp was a guest at Warsaw Security Forum, on CNBC
Palantir has been increasing its revenue, gaining more customers, and becoming a top software provider for the U.S. government. Although the stock price decreased in 2022, the company itself has continued to improve. As a shareholder in Palantir, there are many positive developments to look forward to in 2023.